Who is eligible?
Each award will be given to an individual or team based in Wales.
How does the judging process work?
The Finance Awards Wales have been designed to be as simple as possible.
- Applications are to be received by 5pm on 11th January 2019. Following receipt of entries, the Judges will draw up a shortlist of a minimum of three finalists for each award who will then be interviewed between W/C Feb 19th - March 8th 2019 by the panel of judges (which will also possibly include one independent judge representing the award sponsor).
- The interviews will be the process by which the winner of each category is chosen.
- Initial entries will be assessed by a small panel of Judges.
The decision of the judges is final regarding all categories for the Finance Awards Wales.
What are the award categories?
The Finance Awards Wales have the following awards in 2019:
- CFO / Finance Director of the Year Over £25 Million
- CFO / Finance Director of the Year Up to £25 Million
- Young Finance Director of the Year
- Financial Controller of the Year
- Accountant of the Year
- Accounts Assistant of the Year
- Tax Accountant of the Year
- Rising Star of the Year
- Finance Team (Financial Services) of the Year
- Small Finance Team of the Year (up to 10 staff within team)
- Medium/Large Finance Team (more than 11 staff)
- Corporate Finance team of the Year
- Independent Practice of the Year
- Outstanding Contribution to Finance in Wales
The Finance Awards Wales 2019 will be chosen from the winners of all the above categories.
In addition, there will be an Outstanding Contribution award that will be chosen by the judges and will recognise an individual or organisation that has had a major influence and impact on the finance business community in Wales.
What is the dress code for the ceremony?
The dress code for the ceremony is black tie.
What are the event timings?
18.30 - Arrival & Drinks reception
19.30 - Welcome speeches
20.00 - Dinner
21.30 - Awards start
23.00 - Carriages